Black Eye Peas 690g (Kacang Sayur Rangoon/ 白眉豆)
– Ingredient in use for several cooking recipe
– Ingredient in use for traditional food as well for example rice dumpling, soup & Etc.
– Nett Weight 690g
Preparation (Black Eyed Peas With Ham)
1) Place the black-eyed peas into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight. Drain and rinse before using.
2) In a large stock pot over medium heat, cook and stir onion and garlic in olive oil until onion becomes translucent, about 5 minutes.
3) Pour in the chicken broth and 8 cups water, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer.
4) Stir in soaked black-eyed peas, ham hocks, tomatoes, pepperoncini, bay leaf, garlic powder, thyme, and salt and pepper.
5) Cover and simmer until peas are tender, ham meat is falling off the bones, and the broth is thickened, about 3 hours.