Chest Nuts 360g (Chestnut LL/ 栗子)
– famous ingredient to cook with meat recipe
– ingredient for rice dumpling and several traditional food
– nett weight: 360g
Preparation (Roast Chest Nuts in the Oven)
1) Using a sharp paring knife, make an X-shaped cut on the round side of each chestnut. This critical step keeps them from exploding from internal pressure when heated and makes peeling easier after roasting.
2) Arrange chest nuts on a baking rack or a baking sheet.
3) Transfer the chest nuts to the oven and roast them until the skins have pulled back from the cuts and the nutmeats have softened. The actual time required will depend on the chest nuts but will be at least 15 to 20 minutes.
4) Remove the nuts from the oven and pile them into a mound in an old towel. Wrap them up, squeeze hard—the chest nuts should crackle—and let them sit for a few minutes.
5) Pull and snap off the dark shells to reveal the yellowish white chest nuts. While peeling, make sure to also remove the papery skin between the shell and the chestnut.
6) Serve & Enjoy~