Glutinous Rice 2kg (Beras Pulut/ 糯米)
– can be used as ingredient of traditional food such as: Rice Dumpling, Nyonya Kuih, Steam Glutinous Rice with Chicken & Etc.
– Net Weight: 2kg
Preparation (Steamed Glutinous Rice, Lor Mai Fan, 糯米飯):
1. Soak rice with water and add lemon juice or white vinegar for 3 to 4 hours. Drain well.
2. The reason of adding lemon juice is to reduce the stickiness.
3. Marinate chicken with the seasoning ingredients.
4. Heat some oil in a wok, stir-fry shallots till brown and crispy. Remove the fried shallots and keep aside.
5. Add garlic to the remaining oil and stir-fry till fragrant. Then add in dried shrimp, dried scallop, mushroom and the marinated chicken with the seasoning. Stir-fry for a short while.
6. When the chicken turn white, add in the rice and 350ml water.
7. Transfer all ingredients from the wok to a steamer tray. Steam over high heat for 30 minutes or until rise is cooked. Remove from steamer. Serve hot, garnish with spring onion and fried shallot.
Note: Can substitute the 350ml water with water used to soak dried scallop and mushroom.